Alberta Language Technology Lab (ALTLab) is recruiting a part time undergraduate student for work on Django web applications. The position is for a student fully enrolled in courses during the Winter 2019 term, giving a 12/hour per week time commitment.
You will be writing and maintaining web applications such as a database of linguistic recordings, and an intelligent dictionary. Currently, our work revolves around Plains Cree, however we are moving to support Tsuut’ina, Northern Haida, among other languages.
- Python programming
- Version control with git
- An interest in Linguistics
- An interest in Indigenous languages
- A familiarity with agile software development practices
- Flexible hours: work when it fits your schedule
- Semi-remote: you can work from our office or work from home
- Meaningful work: our work directly benefits marginalized language communities, providing tools that help revitalize and reclaim their language.
- Supercharge your learning! Ask for support from our experienced experts in software development and linguistics.
For further information, please consult the ALTLab website: https://altlab.ualberta.ca/job-posting-part-time-undergraduate-software-developer/ or send an email to email@example.com.
Send your resumé to firstname.lastname@example.org